Thursday, May 06, 2010

1976 Volare


In 1995 (I think) the city of Winnipeg decided to save the Jets. So it only made sense that I cut the roof of my Volare and use it as propaganda for the 2 Sports Guys show. It's not like I didn't want the Jets to stay - I did - I just thought I could also promote the show while doing right by the city and the team. So I cut the roof off - at dusk, the sparks look cool - and we got some signs and drove it down to the arena. The Jets were obviously not playing in summer but the Bombers were so we chose game day for them. Then we got people to sign the car - it was a roving petition. Then we drove the car up to city hall during a subsequent protest.

Funny thing about the Jets' protests. They always happened during the day which meant that the people who attended didn't have jobs. So obviously they didn't have two nickels to rub together, i.e. couldn't afford tickets to games. No wonder they left for Phoenix.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Harv Bergen said...

The stories are great! There are plenty more. I like the writing style and would encourage a book. How can I help?
Harvard Jameson Bergen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home