Sunday, May 30, 2010

1984 Rabbit Convertible


Above the Rabbit as a Pizza Car. (Scrappers pick it up and give me $20 for it; I buy a pizza.)

Below its glory days as a float.



Here's my 84 Rabbit Convertible. (I finally didn't have to cut the roof off of a car.)

These shots came from Steinbach's annual Pioneer Day parade. I had just opened a restaurant called Not Edgar's. (It had been Edgar's for 42 years and I assumed that everyone would just call it Not Edgars anyway so I beat them to the punch.) The restaurant was a miserable failure but if my parade float was any indication, it certainly shouldn't have been.
I purchased this green fabric the night before and fashioned a 'curtain rod' out of conduit to encircle the car. It worked fairly well until the fabric got caught under one of the rear wheels - just after this picture was taken - and pulled the skirt off.

Notice the giant cheeseburger on the top of the car. Complete with tomatoe, cheese and lettuce. After the parade someone stole the cheeseburger off of my car. I never did find it, nor did it ever turn up anywhere.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home